an NYC Young Professionals Network
Richie’s Spirit Foundation is looking for ambitious, outgoing early to mid-career, twenty- and thirty-somethings working in the NYC area to help support our mission of organ donation awareness. RSF YPN is a young professionals network that will welcome its first cohort in early 2017.
In memory of double-lung transplant recipient Richie Herskowitz, Richie's Spirit Foundation is a national 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to promote organ donation to people of all ages through educational awareness programs, grants to honor Richie's memory, and inspiring others to live life with a positive spirit.
What will a member of RSF YPN do?
- Attend all RSF events in the NYC area. Past events have included stand-up comedy, Yankees game, a cappella concert
- Fundraise a minimum of $500 over the course of the year, including a personal contribution of at least $100 per year
- Serve on one of RSF’s grant-giving review committees and make funding decisions
- Serve as an ambassador of RSF, promoting the mission of organ donation awareness
WHAT RSF GIVES TO YOU:
- Networking opportunities with other young professionals and mentors working in the medical and non-profit fields
- Professional development opportunities
- Fun experiences in some of NYC’s trendiest spaces
- Helping to give others the most important gift of all: the gift of life
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
- We have three to four events throughout the year. Some occur on weeknights, and others on the weekend. We’ll give you advance notice so you can plan accordingly to attend.
- The cohort will run two happy hours, one in the spring and one in the fall, that you will help to plan, advertise, and attend.
- Attend quarterly meetings with our staff for networking opportunities and to learn more about organ donation.
- During our end-of-the-year Annual Appeal, you’ll reach out to your professional and social networks to meet your fundraising goal.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Click here to apply, by Friday, November 18, 2016
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have and help you figure out if RSF YPN is a good fit for you! Please e-mail Meghan Wood, Foundation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.